- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 32 mins ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 17 hours ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 3 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 4 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 5 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 5 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Walla Walla wine road shows in 2013
The Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance released more information today regarding its 2013 public tastings in Portland and Seattle.
The Portland event ($60 + service fee) is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 25 at Pure Space in the Pearl District, and proceeds will benefit the charities of the Classic Wine Auction. The Seattle show ($50 + service fee) is Monday, March 11 in Marion Oliver McCaw Hall at Seattle Center.
This will be the ninth year for the Portland pouring, and the seventh year in Seattle, according to Shontina Gianotti-Coers, director of marketing for the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance.
An A-Z list of more than 50 wineries will be represented in each city. Public tasting for both events is scheduled for 5:30-8:30 p.m., with the trade portion of each running noon-3 p.m.
Ticket purchase and trade registration begins at Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance.
Walla Walla wineries will be making multiple trips to Seattle during March, which is Washington State Wine Month, with Taste Washington on March 23-24 at CenturyLink Field Event Center.