- Ste. Michelle buys Eola-Amity Hills vineyard for Erath WineryPosted 8 hours ago
- Chateau Ste. Michelle announces 30th anniversary concertsPosted 1 day ago
- Winemakers meet to help define Oregon ChardonnayPosted 3 days ago
- Washington Merlot lovePosted 3 days ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 4 days ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 6 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 1 week ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 1 week ago
Andrew Will Cellars 2009 Two Blondes Vineyard Red, Yakima Valley
Andrew Will owner Chris Camarda named this Yakima Valley vineyard after his late wife, Annie, and his silent partner’s wife, both blondes.
The winery, not far from the Yakima Valley town of Zillah, was planted in 2000 and is the coolest of the sites Camarda works with.
This red blend leads with Cabernet Sauvignon (38%) and backed by equal parts of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. It is an instant classic because of aromas of blueberry, clove, molasses, blackberry and vanilla bean. On the palate, this is a rich wine with delicious flavors of dark cherry, blueberry, bittersweet chocolate, black tea, black olive and ripe plum. It’s all backed with beautifully balanced acidity and rich, yet supple, tannins. Enjoy this now with grilled meats, especially flank steak. It also will age marvelously for a decade or more.
- Rating: Outstanding!
- Price: $55
- Cases: 925
- Alcohol: 14.5%