- Oregon wine wins top New World Riesling in CaliforniaPosted 3 hours ago
- Report analyzes best-ever harvest for British Columbia wine grapesPosted 1 day ago
- British Columbia proves place on world wine stagePosted 2 days ago
- Oregon winemaker compares spring in Willamette Valley to 1992Posted 3 days ago
- Northwest restaurants, wineries welcome Copper River salmon todayPosted 4 days ago
- Wine industry extends Lake Chelan’s tourism seasonPosted 5 days ago
- San Francisco firm buys Panther Creek, invests in DeLillePosted 6 days ago
- Seattle’s Precept Wine buys Oregon vineyardPosted 6 days ago
- Fire destroys Lake Chelan wineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington vineyards setting up for warm 2013 vintagePosted 7 days ago
Sawtooth Winery 2010 Vineyard Select Skyline Red, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Sawtooth Winery is one of Idaho’s oldest producers, having started life as Pintler Cellars in 1987. Today, it is owned by Precept Wine in Seattle, and the wines are made by Bill Murray. This red blend from the Gem State’s largest vineyard includes no fewer than eight varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo, Petite Sirah, Petit Verdot, Grenache, Malbec and Syrah. This collection showcases the diversity of the Snake River Valley’s viticultural opportunities. It opens with aromas of cordial cherries, white strawberries and dark plum that lead to hedonistic flavors of plum and black currant jam. It provides juicy acidity and is backed with ample tannins and complexity. This won a gold medal at last year’s Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 2,200 cases
Each week, you receive the latest wine news, info and reviews from around the Pacific Northwest. Learn about the best wines to taste, along with information about wineries and Northwest wine country - all at no cost.