- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Precept, House Wine help returning American soldiers
SEATTLE – House Wine, a brand started by Walla Walla’s Charles Smith and now marketed and distributed nationally by Precept Wines in Seattle, will spend all of this year helping returning American soldiers.
House Wine has teamed up with the national nonprofit Building Homes for Heroes to help U.S. soldiers who return from Iraq and Afghanistan. The goal is to help these soldiers purchase their own homes.
To do this, House Wine will donate $1 for every case of House Red sold. That is likely to net more than $30,000 this year from sales of the value wine.
About Building Homes for Heroes
Building Homes for Heroes was founded in 2006 to make a difference in returning soldiers’ lives. The organization builds homes or modifies existing homes to meet the needs of the returning soldiers.
“We’re delighted to positively impact this worthwhile and fitting cause,” said Andrew Browne, CEO of Precept Wines. “By extension, we’re helping an often-marginalized segment of our heroes, and there are thousands in dire need of homes and permanent housing for themselves and their families.”
Andrew McClure, COO of Building Homes for Heroes, was pleased to receive the support of the second-largest wine-producing company in Washington.
“Building Homes for Heroes is very pleased that House Wine is showing its patriotism by giving back to the men and women of the military,” he said. “With help from organizations like House Wine, we’re able to show our appreciation and make life a little brighter for one of those fine men or women and their families.”
About House Wine
House Wine is distributed throughout the United States. House Red is a smooth Merlot-Cab blend that uses grapes from Washington’s Columbia Valley.
The House Wine line also includes Fish House Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Mountain Merlot and Steak House. Under “The Originals” brand, the winery also produces Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Riesling and Syrah.