- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 9 hours ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 1 day ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 2 days ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 4 days ago
- Dunham Cellars wins top award at Walla Walla Valley Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Viognier gaining in Northwest popularityPosted 5 days ago
- IPNC welcomes world of Pinot Noir to OregonPosted 6 days ago
- Meredith Smith takes over at Ste. Chapelle in IdahoPosted 1 week ago
- Columbia Crest brings in Crystal Gayle, BuckinghamsPosted 1 week ago
- Auction of Washington Wines honors Jeb DunnuckPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.