- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 20 hours ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 2 days ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 4 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 5 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 6 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 7 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.