- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 14 hours ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 2 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 4 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 4 days ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 5 days ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 7 days ago
- Riesling a favorite across Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Fire threatens Washington winery, vineyard near Red MountainPosted 1 week ago
- State of Washington Riesling continues to improvePosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.