- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 16 hours ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 2 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 3 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 6 days ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 7 days ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 1 week ago
- Northwest wines fare well at granddaddy of wine competitionsPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon wine’s Silvan Ridge set to open Elizabeth Chambers CellarPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.