- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 20 mins ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 1 day ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 2 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 4 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 5 days ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 6 days ago
- Great Northwest Destinations: Desert Wind WineryPosted 1 week ago
- 2nd generation joins Woodward Canyon WineryPosted 1 week ago
- Alex Sokol Blosser takes over winemaking at Oregon wineryPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.