- Bargain whites abound across Great NorthwestPosted 20 hours ago
- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 2 days ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 3 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 3 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 5 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 6 days ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 7 days ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Abacela, Bunnell stand out at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Powers Winery to hold Renewable Energy Farm WalkPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.