- Vancouver International Wine Festival to gather 60 BC wineriesPosted 14 hours ago
- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 2 days ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 3 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 5 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 6 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 7 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 1 week ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.