- Syrah still strong in WashingtonPosted 21 hours ago
- Photo gallery: Bud break on Washington’s Red MountainPosted 2 days ago
- Inside WSU Wine Science Center constructionPosted 3 days ago
- U.S. Sen. Murray bullish on Washington winePosted 4 days ago
- Duck Pond Cellars family creates Pinot Noir for conservationPosted 5 days ago
- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 6 days ago
- Climatologist points to wet, warm April for Northwest wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Northwest Riesling renaissancePosted 1 week ago
- Long Shadows Vintners unveils new labelsPosted 1 week ago
- 14 Hands Winery opens with style in ProsserPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.