- Taste Washington offers holiday discounts on ticketsPosted 13 hours ago
- An Outstanding case for ChristmasPosted 2 days ago
- Sub-freezing temperatures don’t concern Washington wine grape growersPosted 3 days ago
- 8 Northwest wines make Wine.com top 100 listPosted 4 days ago
- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 5 days ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 6 days ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 7 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle shows love to Northwest winesPosted 1 week ago
- Northstar Winery offers blending trials for customersPosted 1 week ago
- Northwest wines shine at Sonoma’s Grand Harvest Awards competitionPosted 1 week ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.