- Masters of Wine set to critique Idaho wine industryPosted 10 hours ago
- Chateau Ste. Michelle’s 2012 Riesling a record 1.2 million casesPosted 1 day ago
- Georg Riedel to conduct wineglass seminar in Walla WallaPosted 2 days ago
- Oregon wine icon Adelsheim defines Pinot Gris at symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Clore Center to honor Mike Hogue in Washington wine hall of famePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla winery red tops Washington State Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon sets standard for Northwest Pinot GrisPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Pinot Gris on a rocketshipPosted 7 days ago
- Idaho’s high-elevation Pinot Gris produces awards, fansPosted 8 days ago
- British Columbia’s growing love affair with Pinot GrisPosted 9 days ago
Patterson Cellars 2008 BDX, Columbia Valley, $32
Woodinville wine country is basically divided into two areas: the warehouse district and the Hollywood district. Patterson Cellars is one of the few wineries (and perhaps the only) to bridge the gap between the friendly rivals and have a tasting room in both locations. This red wine is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (63%), Cabernet Franc (26%) and Merlot. It opens with aromas of alder smoke, Bing cherry and Earl Grey tea, followed by delicious flavors of boysenberry and black cherry with hints of lilac and lavender. Sturdy tannins back up all the fruit.
Production: This wine is sold out at the winery, though it has 1.5 and 3 liter bottles available.