- Deep Roots Winery 2014 Syrah wins All Canadian Wine ChampionshipsPosted 53 mins ago
- Bookwalter transforms from mom-pop operation to success storyPosted 1 day ago
- Kiona remains Washington’s Lemberger championPosted 2 days ago
- British Columbia wines dominate Los Angeles International Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Washington grapes start to change color as ‘veraison’ beginsPosted 4 days ago
- Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer whitePosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Wine wins 4 journalism awardsPosted 6 days ago
- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 1 week ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 1 week ago
Restaurants, retailers embrace March as Washington Wine Month
SEATTLE — The annual celebration of Washington wines begins Friday, March 1, with a full month of promotions among restaurants, retailers, hotels and wineries.
The month includes discounts on Washington wine at top restaurants, free tastings at retailers, winemaker dinners and Taste Washington – the nation’s largest single-region wine and food event – March 23-24 in Seattle.
“Washington Wine Month is a time to commemorate the hard work of Washington’s more than 750 wineries and 350 wine grape growers,” Steve Warner, president and CEO of the Washington State Wine Commission, stated in a news release. “Our state’s wine is enjoyed across the country, but it’s the enthusiasm of retailers, restaurants and hotels to promote Washington wine that always makes this month shine.”
Schedule begins with Winemaker Mixer in Bellevue
The Washington Winemaker Mixer marks the official kickoff of Washington Wine Month. The event is March 1 at Cast Iron Studios in Bellevue.
Promotions from retailers, restaurants, hotels and more will showcase Washington wines in events throughout the state including:
- Washington wines will be 30 percent off at Safeway during the month of March, and there’s an additional 10 percent off with a purchase of six or more bottles.
- Each Tuesday, there will be happy hour will run 4-8 p.m. at Pan Pacific Hotel’s lobby bar, featuring SIP Northwest Magazine and a lineup of area winemakers. The window for winemakers is from 5-7 p.m., and the schedule is March 5 (Marcus Rafanelli of William Church), March 12 (Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand), March 19 (Christian Grieb of Treveri) and March 26 (Hilary Sjolund of Sonoris and Enomama).
- Select Washington wines will be discounted 20 percent at The Capital Grille in Olympia.
- Join Whole Foods Bellevue on March 6 for a Salmon Safe Happy Hour.
- Discounts on Washington wines will be offered at many wineries and tasting rooms across the state. Winemaker dinners will be staged throughout the month at various restaurants, including March 21 at the Metropolitan Grill, the 2012 Washington Wine Restaurant of the Year.