- Seattle’s Precept debuts West Side Wine – in a canPosted 23 hours ago
- Wine Boss takes over Gordon Estate winemakingPosted 2 days ago
- Bargain whites abound across Great NorthwestPosted 3 days ago
- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 4 days ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 5 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 6 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 7 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 1 week ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 1 week ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Restaurants, retailers embrace March as Washington Wine Month
SEATTLE — The annual celebration of Washington wines begins Friday, March 1, with a full month of promotions among restaurants, retailers, hotels and wineries.
The month includes discounts on Washington wine at top restaurants, free tastings at retailers, winemaker dinners and Taste Washington – the nation’s largest single-region wine and food event – March 23-24 in Seattle.
“Washington Wine Month is a time to commemorate the hard work of Washington’s more than 750 wineries and 350 wine grape growers,” Steve Warner, president and CEO of the Washington State Wine Commission, stated in a news release. “Our state’s wine is enjoyed across the country, but it’s the enthusiasm of retailers, restaurants and hotels to promote Washington wine that always makes this month shine.”
Schedule begins with Winemaker Mixer in Bellevue
The Washington Winemaker Mixer marks the official kickoff of Washington Wine Month. The event is March 1 at Cast Iron Studios in Bellevue.
Promotions from retailers, restaurants, hotels and more will showcase Washington wines in events throughout the state including:
- Washington wines will be 30 percent off at Safeway during the month of March, and there’s an additional 10 percent off with a purchase of six or more bottles.
- Each Tuesday, there will be happy hour will run 4-8 p.m. at Pan Pacific Hotel’s lobby bar, featuring SIP Northwest Magazine and a lineup of area winemakers. The window for winemakers is from 5-7 p.m., and the schedule is March 5 (Marcus Rafanelli of William Church), March 12 (Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand), March 19 (Christian Grieb of Treveri) and March 26 (Hilary Sjolund of Sonoris and Enomama).
- Select Washington wines will be discounted 20 percent at The Capital Grille in Olympia.
- Join Whole Foods Bellevue on March 6 for a Salmon Safe Happy Hour.
- Discounts on Washington wines will be offered at many wineries and tasting rooms across the state. Winemaker dinners will be staged throughout the month at various restaurants, including March 21 at the Metropolitan Grill, the 2012 Washington Wine Restaurant of the Year.