- Washington Merlot lovePosted 7 hours ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 1 day ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 2 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 3 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 5 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 6 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destinations: Desert Wind WineryPosted 1 week ago
H/H Estates 2010 Coyote Canyon Vineyard Michael Andrews Reserve Red, Horse Heaven Hills, $35
Owner Mike Andrews has become entranced in recent years with Spanish varieties, which he has planted along with 24 other varieties at his estate vineyard just eight miles north of the Columbia River. This blend includes 56% Tempranillo and 43% Graciano, and it is superb, with aromas of blueberry, crushed leaf, sarsaparilla and clove. On the palate, it shows off flavors of pomegranate, blueberry, red currant and pie cherry. This is a rich, rustic, robust red. It will pair nicely with roasted meats, empanadas, fettuccine Alfredo or carne asada.
Production: 432 cases
Note: This wine has not yet been released. Contact Coyote Canyon Winery for details on when it will be available.