- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 12 hours ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 1 day ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 2 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 4 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 6 days ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 1 week ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 1 week ago
- Northwest wines fare well at granddaddy of wine competitionsPosted 1 week ago
H/H Estates 2010 Coyote Canyon Vineyard Michael Andrews Reserve Red, Horse Heaven Hills, $35
Owner Mike Andrews has become entranced in recent years with Spanish varieties, which he has planted along with 24 other varieties at his estate vineyard just eight miles north of the Columbia River. This blend includes 56% Tempranillo and 43% Graciano, and it is superb, with aromas of blueberry, crushed leaf, sarsaparilla and clove. On the palate, it shows off flavors of pomegranate, blueberry, red currant and pie cherry. This is a rich, rustic, robust red. It will pair nicely with roasted meats, empanadas, fettuccine Alfredo or carne asada.
Production: 432 cases
Note: This wine has not yet been released. Contact Coyote Canyon Winery for details on when it will be available.