- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 2 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 4 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 5 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 7 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 3 weeks ago
9 wineries to meet, pour Oregon Pinot Noir from Shea Vineyard
NEWBERG, Ore. — A unique side-by-side tasting of Pinot Noir from Shea Vineyard made by nine producers will be staged Saturday, April 6 at Penner-Ash Wine Cellars in Oregon’s Willamette Valley.
The three-hour event, which costs $75, begins at 1 p.m. at this winery in the Ribbon Ridge American Viticultural Area. It also features Alexana, Bergström, Boedecker, Elk Cove, J.K. Carriere, Stephen Goff, Raptor Ridge and Shea Wine Cellars.
Guests will be greeted with a taste of Shea Wine Cellars 2009 Chardonnay. A walk-around tasting will allow guests the opportunity to visit with each of the nine winemakers as they pour their current releases of Shea Vineyard designated Pinot Noir.
Wine country chef to grill over Shea cuttings
Recipe Restaurant in Newberg will present heavy appetizers, grilled over 2012 cuttings from the Shea Vineyard in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA.
For an additional $25, the “Shea Shea geek” will receive entry to two intimate seminars with four of the winemakers and vineyard owner Dick Shea as they define what Shea means to them. The seminar includes a library Shea Vineyard wine from each producer.
Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance.