- Taste Washington offers holiday discounts on ticketsPosted 12 hours ago
- An Outstanding case for ChristmasPosted 2 days ago
- Sub-freezing temperatures don’t concern Washington wine grape growersPosted 2 days ago
- 8 Northwest wines make Wine.com top 100 listPosted 4 days ago
- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 4 days ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 6 days ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle shows love to Northwest winesPosted 1 week ago
- Northstar Winery offers blending trials for customersPosted 1 week ago
- Northwest wines shine at Sonoma’s Grand Harvest Awards competitionPosted 1 week ago
Waterbrook 2011 Malbec, Columbia Valley, $12
Best Buy! This is the lowest-priced Malbec we’ve seen using Washington grapes since the Bordeaux grape began its rise to prominence in the state. It is a tasty example and a good introduction to the variety. It opens with aromas of lilac, tell-tale pepper, dried cranberry and black olive. On the palate, it is a smooth, straightforward red with flavors of spice, ripe fruit and dark chocolate, all backed with smooth tannins and a rich midpalate. Enjoy this with a hearty midweek dinner.
Production: 2,100 cases
Alcohol: 13.3% alc.