- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 3 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
Vintage Oregon grand tasting canceled
PORTLAND – The Oregon Wine Board is canceling Vintage Oregon, a tasting event that was to kick off Oregon Wine Month.
The event was to take place April 28 at Leftbank Annex. Staff at the Oregon Wine Board learned that other events scheduled at Leftbank Annex were having difficulty receiving permits from the city of Portland.
After looking at more than 40 other potential venues and being unable to find one that would work for Vintage Oregon, the board was forced to cancel this year’s event, said Charles Humble, director of communications and interactive media for the Oregon Wine Board.
“We regret that we’ve had to make this decision, but we are pushing forward with Oregon Wine Month in May and plan to host Vintage Oregon in 2014,” he said.