- Chateau Ste. Michelle announces 30th anniversary concertsPosted 15 hours ago
- Winemakers meet to help define Oregon ChardonnayPosted 2 days ago
- Washington Merlot lovePosted 3 days ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 4 days ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 6 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 7 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 1 week ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Cottonwood Winery 2007 Raya Jade Syrah, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! This Willamette Valley winery brought in grapes from Crawford near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, a vineyard that consistently provides great fruit to wineries across the Pacific Northwest. And this wine is a stunner. It opens with aromas of spicy plums, cordial cherries and bacon, followed by rich flavors of blackberry, boysenberry syrup and sizzling ham. It’s all backed with tannins that show a bit of rippling muscle – just enough to give us the structure we want for a great meal. At this price, the Cottonwood Syrah is a wine to buy by the case.
Distribution: Available from the winery and in restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.