- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 3 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 6 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Cottonwood Winery of Oregon 2007 Raya Jade Syrah, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! This Willamette Valley winery brought in grapes from Crawford near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, a vineyard that consistently provides great fruit to wineries across the Pacific Northwest. And this wine is a stunner. It opens with aromas of spicy plums, cordial cherries and bacon, followed by rich flavors of blackberry, boysenberry syrup and sizzling ham. It’s all backed with tannins that show a bit of rippling muscle – just enough to give us the structure we want for a great meal. At this price, the Cottonwood Syrah is a wine to buy by the case.
Distribution: Available from the winery and in restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.