- Ste. Michelle launches Drumheller WinesPosted 20 hours ago
- Seattle’s Precept debuts West Side Wine – in a canPosted 2 days ago
- Wine Boss takes over Gordon Estate winemakingPosted 3 days ago
- Bargain whites abound across Great NorthwestPosted 4 days ago
- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 5 days ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 6 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 7 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 1 week ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 1 week ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 1 week ago
Cottonwood Winery of Oregon 2007 Raya Jade Syrah, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! This Willamette Valley winery brought in grapes from Crawford near the Yakima Valley town of Prosser, a vineyard that consistently provides great fruit to wineries across the Pacific Northwest. And this wine is a stunner. It opens with aromas of spicy plums, cordial cherries and bacon, followed by rich flavors of blackberry, boysenberry syrup and sizzling ham. It’s all backed with tannins that show a bit of rippling muscle – just enough to give us the structure we want for a great meal. At this price, the Cottonwood Syrah is a wine to buy by the case.
Distribution: Available from the winery and in restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.