- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 19 hours ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 2 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 2 days ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 3 days ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 5 days ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 6 days ago
- Hundreds help launch Walla Walla Valley’s Pambrun in stylePosted 7 days ago
- 3 Horse Ranch Vineyards to toast Idaho Wine Month with Eagle Foothills winesPosted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc builds upon following as ‘third Bordeaux’Posted 1 week ago
- Rob Folin leads Folin Cellars from north to south in OregonPosted 2 weeks ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.