- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 7 hours ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 1 day ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 3 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 5 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 6 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.