- U.S. Sen. Murray bullish on Washington winePosted 9 hours ago
- Duck Pond Cellars family creates Pinot Noir for conservationPosted 1 day ago
- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 2 days ago
- Climatologist points to wet, warm April for Northwest wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Northwest Riesling renaissancePosted 4 days ago
- Long Shadows Vintners unveils new labelsPosted 5 days ago
- 14 Hands Winery opens with style in ProsserPosted 6 days ago
- Historic Sagemoor Vineyards sold to apple growerPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon wine community reflects on life of Elkton’s John BradleyPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley winery tops Capital Food & Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.