- Silvara Vineyards’ Malbec best in North Central WashingtonPosted 13 hours ago
- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 2 days ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 2 days ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 5 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 6 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 7 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.