- Great Northwest Destinations: Chateau Ste. MichellePosted 16 hours ago
- Zinfandel, Primitivo two sides of same coinPosted 2 days ago
- Lawrence Vineyards in Washington picks Pinot Gris for ice winePosted 3 days ago
- Taste Washington offers holiday discounts on ticketsPosted 4 days ago
- An Outstanding case for ChristmasPosted 5 days ago
- Sub-freezing temperatures don’t concern Washington wine grape growersPosted 6 days ago
- 8 Northwest wines make Wine.com top 100 listPosted 7 days ago
- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 1 week ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 1 week ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.