- Idaho’s Bitner pays tribute to old vines with new labelPosted 8 hours ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to gather 60 BC wineriesPosted 1 day ago
- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 3 days ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 3 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 5 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 6 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 1 week ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 1 week ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.