- Winemakers meet to help define Oregon ChardonnayPosted 5 hours ago
- Washington Merlot lovePosted 24 hours ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 2 days ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 4 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 5 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 6 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 7 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.