- Nicolas Quillé helps lead Washington’s Riesling revolutionPosted 22 hours ago
- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 2 days ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 3 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 4 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 6 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 1 week ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 1 week ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.