- Doug Charles finds direction with Compass WinesPosted 5 hours ago
- Brian Carter Cellars tops Washington State Wine CompetitionPosted 1 day ago
- Vintners, growers hit road with story of Yakima Valley winePosted 2 days ago
- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 3 days ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 4 days ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 5 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 6 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 1 week ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.