- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 3 hours ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 1 day ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 2 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 3 days ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 4 days ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 5 days ago
- Northwest wines fare well at granddaddy of wine competitionsPosted 6 days ago
- Oregon wine’s Silvan Ridge set to open Elizabeth Chambers CellarPosted 1 week ago
- Bob Betz reflects on a most interesting life in winePosted 1 week ago
- Marshall Edwards stands behind some of Washington’s largest vineyardsPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.