- Seattle’s Precept debuts West Side Wine – in a canPosted 11 hours ago
- Wine Boss takes over Gordon Estate winemakingPosted 1 day ago
- Bargain whites abound across Great NorthwestPosted 2 days ago
- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 3 days ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 4 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 5 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 6 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 1 week ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 1 week ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Late Harvest Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! Jarrod and Ali Boyle have it all going on. They own and operate a gorgeous estate vineyard in the southern Horse Heaven Hills overlooking the Columbia River. The run tasting rooms on both sides of the Cascades (Prosser and Woodinville. And they are making some killer wines. This late-harvest Riesling is anything but a simple slurper. It reveals a gorgeous nose of spice, violet, agave nectar, apricot and tangerine, followed by flavors of lavender lemonade, baked apple and Tahitian vanilla. It’s 3.9% residual sugar, but you might never know it, as the acidity keeps up perfectly with the sweetness. The delicate flavors of lilac and dried mango in the finish help make this a delicious wine with mild curries.
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.