- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 8 hours ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 5 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.