- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 13 hours ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 1 day ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 2 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 3 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 4 days ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 5 days ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 6 days ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 1 week ago
- Hundreds help launch Walla Walla Valley’s Pambrun in stylePosted 1 week ago
- 3 Horse Ranch Vineyards to toast Idaho Wine Month with Eagle Foothills winesPosted 1 week ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.