- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 11 hours ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 3 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 4 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.