- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.