- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 5 hours ago
- L’Ecole No. 41 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $40Posted 10 hours ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 1 day ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 3 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 4 days ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 5 days ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 6 days ago
- Northwest wines fare well at granddaddy of wine competitionsPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon wine’s Silvan Ridge set to open Elizabeth Chambers CellarPosted 1 week ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.