- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 13 hours ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 2 days ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 3 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle shows love to Northwest winesPosted 4 days ago
- Northstar Winery offers blending trials for customersPosted 5 days ago
- Northwest wines shine at Sonoma’s Grand Harvest Awards competitionPosted 6 days ago
- 10 wines for Northwest tailgate partiesPosted 7 days ago
- Yamhill-Carlton wineries begin using AVA-specific bottlePosted 1 week ago
- Tawny Port Cranberry Sauce recipePosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley’s Thanksgiving in Wine Country a family affairPosted 1 week ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.