- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 19 hours ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 3 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 3 days ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 4 days ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 6 days ago
- Riesling a favorite across Pacific NorthwestPosted 7 days ago
- Fire threatens Washington winery, vineyard near Red MountainPosted 1 week ago
- State of Washington Riesling continues to improvePosted 1 week ago
- Seven Hills Winery steeped in Walla Walla Valley historyPosted 1 week ago
Eleven Winery 2011 Sugarloaf Vineyard Viognier, Yakima Valley, $24
Sugarloaf in the Rattlesnake Hills area of the Yakima Valley is a young vineyard that is on the radar of many of the state’s top winemakers. Not far from highly regarded Elephant Mountain Vineyards, Sugarloaf is showing its prowess with Rhône varieties. This Viognier is one of the best we’ve tasted recently, with gorgeous aromas of creamcicle, cotton candy, orange and spice. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lemon-lime, ripe pear and crisp apple, all backed with surprisingly bright acidity.
Production: 181 cases
Distribution: Bainbridge Island and points west.