- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 18 hours ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 3 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 4 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 5 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 3 weeks ago
Cottonwood Winery 2011 Marina Piper Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $20
Phil and Aaron Lieberman are the father-son duo behind this superb Pinot Noir. Aaron is the winemaker, and he brings experience from Amity, De Ponte, Walnut City Winemakers, Owen Roe and Iris. This delicious red uses grapes from Winter’s Hill in the Dundee Hills, Nicholas Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and his estate Cottonwood Meadows Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. It opens with aromas of raspberry, cranberry, blood orange and sandalwood, followed by flavors of cherry, truffle oil and leather. It’s all backed with silky tannins and moderate acidity.
Production: 1,140 cases
Distribution: Available at the winery, as well as in selected restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.