- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
Cottonwood Winery 2011 Marina Piper Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $20
Phil and Aaron Lieberman are the father-son duo behind this superb Pinot Noir. Aaron is the winemaker, and he brings experience from Amity, De Ponte, Walnut City Winemakers, Owen Roe and Iris. This delicious red uses grapes from Winter’s Hill in the Dundee Hills, Nicholas Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and his estate Cottonwood Meadows Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. It opens with aromas of raspberry, cranberry, blood orange and sandalwood, followed by flavors of cherry, truffle oil and leather. It’s all backed with silky tannins and moderate acidity.
Production: 1,140 cases
Distribution: Available at the winery, as well as in selected restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.