- Washington’s Westport Winery to open Cannon Beach tasting roomPosted 19 hours ago
- Pinot Noir by Ken Wright wins rare U.S. gold medal in LondonPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wines inspired by BordeauxPosted 3 days ago
- McMenamins uses historic Gearhart Golf Links to promote Oregon Wine MonthPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon’s Reustle scores again in California wine judgingPosted 5 days ago
- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 6 days ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 7 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 1 week ago
Cottonwood Winery 2011 Marina Piper Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $20
Phil and Aaron Lieberman are the father-son duo behind this superb Pinot Noir. Aaron is the winemaker, and he brings experience from Amity, De Ponte, Walnut City Winemakers, Owen Roe and Iris. This delicious red uses grapes from Winter’s Hill in the Dundee Hills, Nicholas Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and his estate Cottonwood Meadows Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. It opens with aromas of raspberry, cranberry, blood orange and sandalwood, followed by flavors of cherry, truffle oil and leather. It’s all backed with silky tannins and moderate acidity.
Production: 1,140 cases
Distribution: Available at the winery, as well as in selected restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.