- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Cottonwood Winery 2011 Marina Piper Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, $20
Phil and Aaron Lieberman are the father-son duo behind this superb Pinot Noir. Aaron is the winemaker, and he brings experience from Amity, De Ponte, Walnut City Winemakers, Owen Roe and Iris. This delicious red uses grapes from Winter’s Hill in the Dundee Hills, Nicholas Vineyard in the Chehalem Mountains and his estate Cottonwood Meadows Vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills. It opens with aromas of raspberry, cranberry, blood orange and sandalwood, followed by flavors of cherry, truffle oil and leather. It’s all backed with silky tannins and moderate acidity.
Production: 1,140 cases
Distribution: Available at the winery, as well as in selected restaurants, grocers and specialty shops in Oregon and Washington.