- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 6 hours ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 1 day ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 2 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 3 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 6 days ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 1 week ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 1 week ago
- Northwest wines fare well at granddaddy of wine competitionsPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.