- Washington Merlot lovePosted 13 hours ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 2 days ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 4 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 5 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 6 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 7 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destinations: Desert Wind WineryPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.