- 14 Hands releases ultrapremium red blendPosted 12 hours ago
- Martin uses award-winning Tempranillo to grow Red Lily VineyardsPosted 23 hours ago
- Washington wineries ask Legislature for more tasting roomsPosted 2 days ago
- Heat takes toll on Washington’s 2015 wine harvestPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Somm: Into the Bottle’ takes loving look at winePosted 4 days ago
- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 5 days ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 6 days ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 1 week ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.