- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 19 hours ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 3 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 5 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 6 days ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 7 days ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 1 week ago
- Riesling a favorite across Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Fire threatens Washington winery, vineyard near Red MountainPosted 2 weeks ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.