- Introducing the Great Northwest Winecast, a weekly podcastPosted 20 hours ago
- Union Wine Company takes next step in OregonPosted 2 days ago
- Oregon wineries happy with Alaska Air promotionPosted 3 days ago
- 20 years later, André Tchelistcheff’s influence remains in WashingtonPosted 4 days ago
- Syrah still strong in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Photo gallery: Bud break on Washington’s Red MountainPosted 6 days ago
- Inside WSU Wine Science Center constructionPosted 7 days ago
- U.S. Sen. Murray bullish on Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Duck Pond Cellars family creates Pinot Noir for conservationPosted 1 week ago
- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.