- Bookwalter transforms from mom-pop operation to success storyPosted 14 hours ago
- Kiona remains Washington’s Lemberger championPosted 1 day ago
- British Columbia wines dominate Los Angeles International Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Washington grapes start to change color as ‘veraison’ beginsPosted 4 days ago
- Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer whitePosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Wine wins 4 journalism awardsPosted 5 days ago
- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 7 days ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.