- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 4 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 1 day ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 2 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 4 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 6 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.