- Washington vineyards get through winter unscathedPosted 16 hours ago
- Climatologist points to wet, warm April for Northwest wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Northwest Riesling renaissancePosted 3 days ago
- Long Shadows Vintners unveils new labelsPosted 4 days ago
- 14 Hands Winery opens with style in ProsserPosted 5 days ago
- Historic Sagemoor Vineyards sold to apple growerPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon wine community reflects on life of Elkton’s John BradleyPosted 6 days ago
- Yakima Valley winery tops Capital Food & Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Anelare Wines hires GM, prepares for new tasting roomPosted 1 week ago
- Great whites from the Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2012 Destiny Ridge Vineyards Riesling, Horse Heaven Hills, $14
Best Buy! We are just starting to see some wines from the 2012 vintage, which was a year when everything seemed to go well in Washington vineyards (after three years of struggles with Mother Nature). We are hearing a lot of excitement about the vintage, and now we are beginning to see – and taste – it too. This is a delicious white from ANC that opens with classic Riesling aromas of baked apple, lemon, jasmine and clove. On the palate, it reveals flavors of lime, pear and apple, all backed with bright acidity that leads to a finish that just won’t quit. Enjoy this with zippy Indian, Thai, Tex-Mex or Vietnamese dishes.
Production: 574 cases
Distribution: Alexandria Nicole tasting rooms in Prosser and Woodinville and through Click Distributing.