- Milbrandt Vineyards makes winemaking changes on Wahluke SlopePosted 5 hours ago
- Nicolas Quillé helps lead Washington’s Riesling revolutionPosted 1 day ago
- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 2 days ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 3 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 4 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 6 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 1 week ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 1 week ago
Ste. Michelle creates Anew Riesling label for women
The 70,000-case Riesling is priced at $11 and for sale nationwide.
“Anew Riesling is perfect for the woman who enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle but also seeks time to relax and rejuvenate,” said Rebekah Gunderson, who handles marketing for Anew. “The slender and elegant Anew bottle and stylized floral label evoke a feminine sensibility and invites a moment of relaxation.”
Anew is one of the few Ste. Michelle Wine Estates wines packaged under a screw cap (along with some Erath wines and Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Waussie Riesling). The 2012 Anew Riesling is a medium-sweet wine with 2.44 percent residual sugar and a mouthwatering 2.93 pH. The wine uses the International Riesling Foundation‘s Riesling taste profile on its back label.
The wine is made from Columbia Valley grapes.
The new brand, whose wines are made at Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Crest facility in Paterson, Wash., targets consumers who are female, ages 25-45, are looking for new experiences and enjoy an active and relaxing lifestyle.
As part of the brand’s rollout, Anew will be a sponsor of Pamper Me Fabulous, an event series that includes workshops, workouts, spa treatments and wellness info. It will be staged June 23 in Chicago, Sept. 15 in Miami, Oct. 13 in New York and Nov. 10 in Los Angeles.