- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 3 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 4 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 6 days ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ag Expo seminar features Woodward Canyon’s second generationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla wine industry helps raise $26,908 for food bankPosted 3 weeks ago
Ste. Michelle creates Anew Riesling label for women
The 70,000-case Riesling is priced at $11 and for sale nationwide.
“Anew Riesling is perfect for the woman who enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle but also seeks time to relax and rejuvenate,” said Rebekah Gunderson, who handles marketing for Anew. “The slender and elegant Anew bottle and stylized floral label evoke a feminine sensibility and invites a moment of relaxation.”
Anew is one of the few Ste. Michelle Wine Estates wines packaged under a screw cap (along with some Erath wines and Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Waussie Riesling). The 2012 Anew Riesling is a medium-sweet wine with 2.44 percent residual sugar and a mouthwatering 2.93 pH. The wine uses the International Riesling Foundation‘s Riesling taste profile on its back label.
The wine is made from Columbia Valley grapes.
The new brand, whose wines are made at Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Crest facility in Paterson, Wash., targets consumers who are female, ages 25-45, are looking for new experiences and enjoy an active and relaxing lifestyle.
As part of the brand’s rollout, Anew will be a sponsor of Pamper Me Fabulous, an event series that includes workshops, workouts, spa treatments and wellness info. It will be staged June 23 in Chicago, Sept. 15 in Miami, Oct. 13 in New York and Nov. 10 in Los Angeles.