- Silvara Vineyards’ Malbec best in North Central WashingtonPosted 2 mins ago
- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 1 day ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 2 days ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 4 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 5 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 6 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
Ste. Michelle creates Anew Riesling label for women
The 70,000-case Riesling is priced at $11 and for sale nationwide.
“Anew Riesling is perfect for the woman who enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle but also seeks time to relax and rejuvenate,” said Rebekah Gunderson, who handles marketing for Anew. “The slender and elegant Anew bottle and stylized floral label evoke a feminine sensibility and invites a moment of relaxation.”
Anew is one of the few Ste. Michelle Wine Estates wines packaged under a screw cap (along with some Erath wines and Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Waussie Riesling). The 2012 Anew Riesling is a medium-sweet wine with 2.44 percent residual sugar and a mouthwatering 2.93 pH. The wine uses the International Riesling Foundation‘s Riesling taste profile on its back label.
The wine is made from Columbia Valley grapes.
The new brand, whose wines are made at Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Crest facility in Paterson, Wash., targets consumers who are female, ages 25-45, are looking for new experiences and enjoy an active and relaxing lifestyle.
As part of the brand’s rollout, Anew will be a sponsor of Pamper Me Fabulous, an event series that includes workshops, workouts, spa treatments and wellness info. It will be staged June 23 in Chicago, Sept. 15 in Miami, Oct. 13 in New York and Nov. 10 in Los Angeles.