- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 16 hours ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 1 day ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 3 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 5 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Ste. Michelle creates Anew Riesling label for women
The 70,000-case Riesling is priced at $11 and for sale nationwide.
“Anew Riesling is perfect for the woman who enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle but also seeks time to relax and rejuvenate,” said Rebekah Gunderson, who handles marketing for Anew. “The slender and elegant Anew bottle and stylized floral label evoke a feminine sensibility and invites a moment of relaxation.”
Anew is one of the few Ste. Michelle Wine Estates wines packaged under a screw cap (along with some Erath wines and Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Waussie Riesling). The 2012 Anew Riesling is a medium-sweet wine with 2.44 percent residual sugar and a mouthwatering 2.93 pH. The wine uses the International Riesling Foundation‘s Riesling taste profile on its back label.
The wine is made from Columbia Valley grapes.
The new brand, whose wines are made at Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Crest facility in Paterson, Wash., targets consumers who are female, ages 25-45, are looking for new experiences and enjoy an active and relaxing lifestyle.
As part of the brand’s rollout, Anew will be a sponsor of Pamper Me Fabulous, an event series that includes workshops, workouts, spa treatments and wellness info. It will be staged June 23 in Chicago, Sept. 15 in Miami, Oct. 13 in New York and Nov. 10 in Los Angeles.