- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 14 hours ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 3 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 4 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 5 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 5 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Pinot Gris a food-friendly Northwest favoritePosted 1 week ago
Ste. Michelle creates Anew Riesling label for women
The 70,000-case Riesling is priced at $11 and for sale nationwide.
“Anew Riesling is perfect for the woman who enjoys an active, healthy lifestyle but also seeks time to relax and rejuvenate,” said Rebekah Gunderson, who handles marketing for Anew. “The slender and elegant Anew bottle and stylized floral label evoke a feminine sensibility and invites a moment of relaxation.”
Anew is one of the few Ste. Michelle Wine Estates wines packaged under a screw cap (along with some Erath wines and Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Waussie Riesling). The 2012 Anew Riesling is a medium-sweet wine with 2.44 percent residual sugar and a mouthwatering 2.93 pH. The wine uses the International Riesling Foundation‘s Riesling taste profile on its back label.
The wine is made from Columbia Valley grapes.
The new brand, whose wines are made at Ste. Michelle’s Columbia Crest facility in Paterson, Wash., targets consumers who are female, ages 25-45, are looking for new experiences and enjoy an active and relaxing lifestyle.
As part of the brand’s rollout, Anew will be a sponsor of Pamper Me Fabulous, an event series that includes workshops, workouts, spa treatments and wellness info. It will be staged June 23 in Chicago, Sept. 15 in Miami, Oct. 13 in New York and Nov. 10 in Los Angeles.