- Auction of Washington Wines climbs to No. 4 in U.S. rankingsPosted 2 days ago
- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 6 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 7 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
Oregon icon Adelsheim Vineyard enters Canadian wine market
NEWBERG, Ore. — Adelsheim Vineyard, one of Oregon’s legendary Pinot Noir and Chardonnay producers, announced today it will begin distribution into Canada and the United Kingdom.
“While we currently sell almost everything we make in the U.S., we aim to increase our international sales to 10 percent by volume within the next five years,” Catherine Douglas, Adelsheim’s manager of export sales. “The purpose is twofold – one, to build a broader reputation for our wines and two, to solidify the international recognition and perception of wines from Oregon.”
Adelsheim Vineyard was established in 1971 and has grown to include 11 vineyards spanning 229 acres throughout the Willamette Valley. A recent expansion of the winery has created a capacity for an annual production of 40,000 cases, and this latest deal means Adelsheim Vineyard will grow its market beyond the 10 countries it already exports to.
Mark Anthony Brands will represent Adelsheim nationwide in Canada. The privately owned importer and distribution company was founded in 1972 by Anthony von Mandl, who launched Mike’s Hard Lemonade in the United States and developed the showpiece Mission Hill Family Estate in Kelowna, British Columbia. He also sits on the board of directors for Long Shadows Vintners in Walla Walla, Wash.
David Adelsheim will attend Mark Anthony’s portfolio trade tasting Nov. 5 in Toronto as part of the export launch.
Independent wine merchant The Sampler will import Adelsheim wines in to the UK.
The Sampler handles more than 1,500 wines from throughout the world and has 80 wines available to sample in both of their shops. They are part of the Vindependents Group, set up in 2010 as a collective of small, independent wine merchants who also will stock Adelsheim wines.