- Chas Nagel, Washington wine pioneer researcher, goes into hall of famePosted 14 hours ago
- 14 Hands releases ultrapremium red blendPosted 2 days ago
- Martin uses award-winning Tempranillo to grow Red Lily VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wineries ask Legislature for more tasting roomsPosted 4 days ago
- Heat takes toll on Washington’s 2015 wine harvestPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Somm: Into the Bottle’ takes loving look at winePosted 6 days ago
- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 7 days ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 1 week ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 1 week ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.