- Oregon’s Reustle scores again in California wine judgingPosted 1 day ago
- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 3 days ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 4 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 4 days ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 5 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 6 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 1 week ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.