- Vintners, growers hit road with story of Yakima Valley winePosted 19 hours ago
- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 2 days ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 3 days ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 4 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 5 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 7 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 1 week ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 1 week ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.