- Deep Roots Winery 2014 Syrah wins All Canadian Wine ChampionshipsPosted 8 hours ago
- Bookwalter transforms from mom-pop operation to success storyPosted 1 day ago
- Kiona remains Washington’s Lemberger championPosted 2 days ago
- British Columbia wines dominate Los Angeles International Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Washington grapes start to change color as ‘veraison’ beginsPosted 4 days ago
- Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer whitePosted 5 days ago
- Great Northwest Wine wins 4 journalism awardsPosted 6 days ago
- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 1 week ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 1 week ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.