- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 11 hours ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 1 day ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 2 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 5 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 6 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 1 week ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 1 week ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.