- Winemakers meet to help define Oregon ChardonnayPosted 20 hours ago
- Washington Merlot lovePosted 2 days ago
- A Great Northwest Wine Time MachinePosted 3 days ago
- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 4 days ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 5 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 6 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 7 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 1 week ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.