- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 13 hours ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 3 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 4 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 5 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 7 days ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 1 week ago
- Second generation leads Oregon’s Elk Cove VineyardsPosted 1 week ago
A case for Thanksgiving wine
Don’t stress about which wines to pair with your Thanksgiving feast.
The fact is it is difficult to find wines to match with every part of the meal because there are so many flavors going on between the turkey, spuds, stuffing, sweet potatoes, creamed onions, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole.
So avoid the issue by opening several bottles of wine and letting your guests choose what they want to drink. The focus of the Thanksgiving meal is not on the wines anyways.
Following are 12 examples of Thanksgiving wines we think would work well on your table.