- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 17 hours ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 2 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 3 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 4 days ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 6 days ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 7 days ago
- Hundreds help launch Walla Walla Valley’s Pambrun in stylePosted 1 week ago
- 3 Horse Ranch Vineyards to toast Idaho Wine Month with Eagle Foothills winesPosted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc builds upon following as ‘third Bordeaux’Posted 1 week ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.