- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 13 hours ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 2 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 3 days ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 3 days ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 4 days ago
- Second generation leads Oregon’s Elk Cove VineyardsPosted 6 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines resumes ThursdayPosted 6 days ago
- Washington’s 2016 wine grape harvest kicks offPosted 1 week ago
- Verjus adds tart joy to food from unripe wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
- Tip a glass of pink to celebrate International Rosé DayPosted 1 week ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.