- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 11 hours ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 2 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 2 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 4 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 5 days ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 6 days ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 7 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell stand out at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Powers Winery to hold Renewable Energy Farm WalkPosted 1 week ago
- After 30 vintages, Joe Dobbes still fascinated by Pinot NoirPosted 1 week ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.