- Double Canyon hires Kate Michaud as winemakerPosted 2 days ago
- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 3 days ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 1 week ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 week ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.