- Idaho’s Bitner pays tribute to old vines with new labelPosted 1 day ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to gather 60 BC wineriesPosted 2 days ago
- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 3 days ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 4 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 6 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 1 week ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 1 week ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 1 week ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.