- Brian Carter Cellars tops Washington State Wine CompetitionPosted 17 hours ago
- Vintners, growers hit road with story of Yakima Valley winePosted 2 days ago
- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 3 days ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 4 days ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 5 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 6 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 7 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 1 week ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 1 week ago
10 wines for Northwest tailgate parties
With three important football games being played in next four days in the Pacific Northwest, it’s time to think about what wines you will open as you root on your team.
Today is the annual Apple Cup between the Washington State University Cougars and the University of Washington Huskies. Kickoff is at 12:30 p.m. at Husky Stadium in Seattle. The game will be broadcast by Fox.
After that is the Civil War between the Oregon State University Beavers and the University of Oregon Ducks. Kickoff is at 4 p.m. at Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1.
And on Monday night, the Seattle Seahawks (10-1) square off before an ESPN-TV primetime national audience against the New Orleans Saints (9-2). Both NFC powerhouses are in first place in their divisions, and this game will help decide who get homefield advantage throughout the conference playoffs. Kickoff is at 5:30 p.m. at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
So here are some wines we picked out for you to consider, whether you are tailgating at one of these games or enjoying the action from your living room.