- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 day ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 3 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 6 days ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 1 week ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 1 week ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Foris Vineyards hires Stephanie Pao to replace Bryan WilsonPosted 2 weeks ago
- 2017 vintage off to cool start in Pacific NorthwestPosted 2 weeks ago
An Outstanding case for Christmas
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift – how about a case of great wine for around $140?
That’s what we’ve put together in the following pages. Each of these wines earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in our blind tastings, and each retails for $15 or less.
In reality, you should be able to get this case for around $125 plus tax. Wineries’ suggested retail prices tend to be a dollar or two higher than what groceries sell the wine for. And if you buy the entire case at one location – even though the wines are all different – you should be able to earn an addition 10 percent discount.