- Vintners, growers hit road with story of Yakima Valley winePosted 17 hours ago
- Alaska Airlines teams up with Precept for high-flying winesPosted 2 days ago
- Tempranillo adds zest to Northwest wine scenePosted 3 days ago
- Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman puts shop up for salePosted 4 days ago
- Union Wine Co. takes mobile tasting truck for first spin in PortlandPosted 5 days ago
- Challenges, rewards at Whidbey Island WineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wildfires unlikely to affect wine grapesPosted 7 days ago
- Great Northwest Destination Wineries: Col SolarePosted 1 week ago
- Mercer Estates stages wine country BBQPosted 1 week ago
- Pinot Gris and food from the seaPosted 1 week ago
An Outstanding case for Christmas
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift – how about a case of great wine for around $140?
That’s what we’ve put together in the following pages. Each of these wines earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in our blind tastings, and each retails for $15 or less.
In reality, you should be able to get this case for around $125 plus tax. Wineries’ suggested retail prices tend to be a dollar or two higher than what groceries sell the wine for. And if you buy the entire case at one location – even though the wines are all different – you should be able to earn an addition 10 percent discount.