- Horse Heaven Hills the driving force behind Washington growthPosted 24 hours ago
- Oregon wineries should plan for another warm vintage, scientist saysPosted 2 days ago
- Allen Shoup to be inducted into Washington Wine Hall of FamePosted 3 days ago
- Washington Cabernet Sauvignon crushes competitionPosted 4 days ago
- Oregon winery restriction sparks comments on The Rocks AVA petitionPosted 5 days ago
- Red blends are big winners in Pacific NorthwestPosted 6 days ago
- Yakima Valley feast pairs wine, food, poetryPosted 7 days ago
- Great Northwest Destinations: Desert Wind WineryPosted 1 week ago
- 2nd generation joins Woodward Canyon WineryPosted 1 week ago
- Alex Sokol Blosser takes over winemaking at Oregon wineryPosted 1 week ago
An Outstanding case for Christmas
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift – how about a case of great wine for around $140?
That’s what we’ve put together in the following pages. Each of these wines earned our top “Outstanding!” rating in our blind tastings, and each retails for $15 or less.
In reality, you should be able to get this case for around $125 plus tax. Wineries’ suggested retail prices tend to be a dollar or two higher than what groceries sell the wine for. And if you buy the entire case at one location – even though the wines are all different – you should be able to earn an addition 10 percent discount.