- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 8 hours ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 1 day ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 3 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 4 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 5 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 1 week ago
Jessica Altieri leads millennial wine revolution
Jessica Altieri has quickly become a force in the international wine scene.
The CEO of Wine Channel TV has become a voice for influential millennial wine drinkers and now travels the globe to taste and talk about wine.
Altieri, 29, grew up in Chicago and went to college in New York City to study journalism. That’s where she became interested in wine as well as creating videos about food and wine around the city and posting them on the Internet.
While we were in California recently, we sat down with Altieri to talk about her career and the focus of Wine Channel TV. Here’s the interview:
After moving to California to become a certified sommelier, Altieri launched Wine Channel TV in 2009, and it has exploded in popularity. In addition to her website, she also has a big following on YouTube (more than 1 million views) and Facebook (more than 100,000 followers). She also does live events on a Roku channel and even has her own iPhone app.
In the past couple of years, she has gotten into the wine judging scene and helps run a millennial wine competition with Vineyard & Winery Management magazine.
Last year, Altieri came out with her first book, a brief guide to wine called “Kiss My Glass.”
Here are a few links from this week’s Great Northwest Winecast: