- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 24 hours ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 3 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 4 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 6 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 3 weeks ago
Jessica Altieri leads millennial wine revolution
Jessica Altieri has quickly become a force in the international wine scene.
The CEO of Wine Channel TV has become a voice for influential millennial wine drinkers and now travels the globe to taste and talk about wine.
Altieri, 29, grew up in Chicago and went to college in New York City to study journalism. That’s where she became interested in wine as well as creating videos about food and wine around the city and posting them on the Internet.
While we were in California recently, we sat down with Altieri to talk about her career and the focus of Wine Channel TV. Here’s the interview:
After moving to California to become a certified sommelier, Altieri launched Wine Channel TV in 2009, and it has exploded in popularity. In addition to her website, she also has a big following on YouTube (more than 1 million views) and Facebook (more than 100,000 followers). She also does live events on a Roku channel and even has her own iPhone app.
In the past couple of years, she has gotten into the wine judging scene and helps run a millennial wine competition with Vineyard & Winery Management magazine.
Last year, Altieri came out with her first book, a brief guide to wine called “Kiss My Glass.”
Here are a few links from this week’s Great Northwest Winecast: