- Washington wines inspired by BordeauxPosted 54 mins ago
- McMenamins use historic Gearhart Golf Links to promote Oregon Wine MonthPosted 7 hours ago
- Oregon’s Reustle scores again in California wine judgingPosted 2 days ago
- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 3 days ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 4 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 6 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 1 week ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 1 week ago
Fresh white wines for summer fun
Nobody in the Northwest wine industry will ever call the 2013 vintage boring.
Unlike 2010 and 2011, the 2013 vintage started warm and stayed warm – until some weird weather showed up in September. The tail end of Typhoon Pabuk whipped across Oregon and straight into Washington’s Columbia Valley, mostly halting what had been an early harvest.
Then a glorious October settled across the Pacific Northwest, providing long, sunny days that were perfect for ripening wine grapes.
The result so far has been several spectacular wines that are now in the market in full force.
Here are 10 white wines from 2013 we’ve tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.