- Seattle’s Precept debuts West Side Wine – in a canPosted 10 hours ago
- Wine Boss takes over Gordon Estate winemakingPosted 1 day ago
- Bargain whites abound across Great NorthwestPosted 2 days ago
- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 3 days ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 4 days ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 5 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 6 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 1 week ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 1 week ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Fresh white wines for summer fun
Nobody in the Northwest wine industry will ever call the 2013 vintage boring.
Unlike 2010 and 2011, the 2013 vintage started warm and stayed warm – until some weird weather showed up in September. The tail end of Typhoon Pabuk whipped across Oregon and straight into Washington’s Columbia Valley, mostly halting what had been an early harvest.
Then a glorious October settled across the Pacific Northwest, providing long, sunny days that were perfect for ripening wine grapes.
The result so far has been several spectacular wines that are now in the market in full force.
Here are 10 white wines from 2013 we’ve tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.