- Vancouver International Wine Festival to gather 60 BC wineriesPosted 7 hours ago
- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 2 days ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 3 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 5 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 6 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 7 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 1 week ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
Fresh white wines for summer fun
Nobody in the Northwest wine industry will ever call the 2013 vintage boring.
Unlike 2010 and 2011, the 2013 vintage started warm and stayed warm – until some weird weather showed up in September. The tail end of Typhoon Pabuk whipped across Oregon and straight into Washington’s Columbia Valley, mostly halting what had been an early harvest.
Then a glorious October settled across the Pacific Northwest, providing long, sunny days that were perfect for ripening wine grapes.
The result so far has been several spectacular wines that are now in the market in full force.
Here are 10 white wines from 2013 we’ve tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.