- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 12 hours ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 3 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 5 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 7 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
Fresh white wines for summer fun
Nobody in the Northwest wine industry will ever call the 2013 vintage boring.
Unlike 2010 and 2011, the 2013 vintage started warm and stayed warm – until some weird weather showed up in September. The tail end of Typhoon Pabuk whipped across Oregon and straight into Washington’s Columbia Valley, mostly halting what had been an early harvest.
Then a glorious October settled across the Pacific Northwest, providing long, sunny days that were perfect for ripening wine grapes.
The result so far has been several spectacular wines that are now in the market in full force.
Here are 10 white wines from 2013 we’ve tasted in recent weeks. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.