- Plan for Walla Walla’s Fall Release WeekendPosted 3 hours ago
- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 1 day ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 2 days ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 1 week ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
Wines to beat summer heat
It’s time to beat the summer heat.
In the heart of Washington wine country, temperatures for the next 10 days will likely hit triple digits. And west of the Cascade Mountains – where humidity is a much bigger issue, highs will be in the 80s, 90s and occasionally 100s.
If you’re going to spend any time outdoors, it’s time to fill your fridge with refreshing white and rosé wines. Chill them down a little more than usual and enjoy their bright acidity.
Here are a dozen crisp white wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks.