- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 9 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 1 day ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
Wines to beat summer heat
It’s time to beat the summer heat.
In the heart of Washington wine country, temperatures for the next 10 days will likely hit triple digits. And west of the Cascade Mountains – where humidity is a much bigger issue, highs will be in the 80s, 90s and occasionally 100s.
If you’re going to spend any time outdoors, it’s time to fill your fridge with refreshing white and rosé wines. Chill them down a little more than usual and enjoy their bright acidity.
Here are a dozen crisp white wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks.