- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 18 hours ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 2 days ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 3 days ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 4 days ago
- Dunham Cellars wins top award at Walla Walla Valley Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Viognier gaining in Northwest popularityPosted 6 days ago
- IPNC welcomes world of Pinot Noir to OregonPosted 6 days ago
- Meredith Smith takes over at Ste. Chapelle in IdahoPosted 1 week ago
- Columbia Crest brings in Crystal Gayle, BuckinghamsPosted 1 week ago
- Auction of Washington Wines honors Jeb DunnuckPosted 1 week ago
Picnic and Barrel Auction raises funds for Children’s Hospital, WSU
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers poured during the Auction of Washington Wines’ Picnic and Barrel Auction on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville.
Chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provided small bites as guests rubbed shoulders with Washington winemakers and bid on barrel samples from 23 wineries. The top five highest bids for each wine will receive a case of that wine once it’s released.
A ticket cost $125 per person, and proceeds provide financial support for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education at Washington State University. The 2014 barrel auction and picnic generated $93,000, a record amount and an increase of $21,000 from last year.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country. The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.