- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 32 mins ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 17 hours ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 3 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 4 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 5 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 5 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Picnic and Barrel Auction raises funds for Children’s Hospital, WSU
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers poured during the Auction of Washington Wines’ Picnic and Barrel Auction on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville.
Chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provided small bites as guests rubbed shoulders with Washington winemakers and bid on barrel samples from 23 wineries. The top five highest bids for each wine will receive a case of that wine once it’s released.
A ticket cost $125 per person, and proceeds provide financial support for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education at Washington State University. The 2014 barrel auction and picnic generated $93,000, a record amount and an increase of $21,000 from last year.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country. The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.