- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 8 hours ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 1 day ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 3 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 4 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 5 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 1 week ago
Picnic and Barrel Auction raises funds for Children’s Hospital, WSU
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers poured during the Auction of Washington Wines’ Picnic and Barrel Auction on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014, at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville.
Chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provided small bites as guests rubbed shoulders with Washington winemakers and bid on barrel samples from 23 wineries. The top five highest bids for each wine will receive a case of that wine once it’s released.
A ticket cost $125 per person, and proceeds provide financial support for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education at Washington State University. The 2014 barrel auction and picnic generated $93,000, a record amount and an increase of $21,000 from last year.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country. The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.