- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
15 Northwest wines for $15 or less
Here in the Pacific Northwest, it costs more to make wine than many other places in the world.
Simply put, the vines don’t like to carry quite so much fruit as, say, California’s Central Valley. Labor can be more expensive than in South America and other regions. And because few wineries make wines in mass quantities (with a few notable exceptions), materials such as glass, cork, labels and equipment can cost more.
Yet we’re still blessed with plenty of wine for $15 or less from throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Washington, Oregon and Idaho.
Here are 15 examples of delicious wines in that magical price range that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.