- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 2 hours ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 3 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 5 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 6 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling for warm winter food
We often think of Riesling as a wine for summer days. Toss a bottle in the fridge and enjoy it as a thirst-quencher with hot-weather fare.
But in the depths of winter – regardless of how mild it has been – there’s nothing quite so warming or comforting as bold, spicy dishes. And these often pair beautifully with Rieslings of varying sweetness levels.
Here are a few of our favorite winter dishes to pair with Rieslings.
- Thai curries.
- Saag paneer.
- Shrimp creole.
- Hot wings.
- Hot-and-sour soup.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest Rieslings we’ve tasted in recent weeks.