- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling for warm winter food
We often think of Riesling as a wine for summer days. Toss a bottle in the fridge and enjoy it as a thirst-quencher with hot-weather fare.
But in the depths of winter – regardless of how mild it has been – there’s nothing quite so warming or comforting as bold, spicy dishes. And these often pair beautifully with Rieslings of varying sweetness levels.
Here are a few of our favorite winter dishes to pair with Rieslings.
- Thai curries.
- Saag paneer.
- Shrimp creole.
- Hot wings.
- Hot-and-sour soup.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest Rieslings we’ve tasted in recent weeks.