- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 21 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling for warm winter food
We often think of Riesling as a wine for summer days. Toss a bottle in the fridge and enjoy it as a thirst-quencher with hot-weather fare.
But in the depths of winter – regardless of how mild it has been – there’s nothing quite so warming or comforting as bold, spicy dishes. And these often pair beautifully with Rieslings of varying sweetness levels.
Here are a few of our favorite winter dishes to pair with Rieslings.
- Thai curries.
- Saag paneer.
- Shrimp creole.
- Hot wings.
- Hot-and-sour soup.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest Rieslings we’ve tasted in recent weeks.