- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 2 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 22 hours ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 5 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 7 days ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
Riesling for warm winter food
We often think of Riesling as a wine for summer days. Toss a bottle in the fridge and enjoy it as a thirst-quencher with hot-weather fare.
But in the depths of winter – regardless of how mild it has been – there’s nothing quite so warming or comforting as bold, spicy dishes. And these often pair beautifully with Rieslings of varying sweetness levels.
Here are a few of our favorite winter dishes to pair with Rieslings.
- Thai curries.
- Saag paneer.
- Shrimp creole.
- Hot wings.
- Hot-and-sour soup.
Here are a dozen delicious Northwest Rieslings we’ve tasted in recent weeks.