- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 20 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 2 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 7 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
Northwest wineries score at Hilton Head wine competition
A Washington wine by an Oregon winery earned best red at the 30th annual Hilton Head Wine and Food Festival.
North by Northwest, a label for King Estate near Eugene, Ore., won “Festival Selection Red” for its 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon at the South Carolina event. King Estate also won gold for its 2013 Pinot Gris, as well as silver medals for its North by Northwest 2013 Chardonnay, King Estate 2013 Pinot Noir and Acrobat 2013 Pinot Gris.
Hyland Estates, a winery in the McMinnville AVA of Oregon, won a double gold for its 2012 Pinot Noir and a silver for its 2012 Coury Pinot Noir.
Also winning a gold medal was Elk Cove Vineyards in Gaston, Ore., for its 2013 Pinot Noir.
The lone Washington winery to earn a medal was BBQ Wine Co., which is part of ded.reckoning in Anacortes. Its nonvintage red blend earned a silver medal.
Here are the full Pacific Northwest results of the competition:
Festival Selection Red
North by Northwest 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley
Hyland Estates 2012 Pinot Noir, McMinnville
Elk Cove Vineyards 2013 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
King Estate 2013 Pinot Gris, Oregon
BBQ NV Red Table Wine Oink!, America
Elk Cove Vineyards 2012 Riesling, Willamette Valley
Firesteed 2012 Pinot Noir, Oregon
Four Graces 2012 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
Hyland Estates 2012 Coury Pinot Noir, McMinnville
Acrobat 2013 Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley
King Estate 2013 Pinot Noir, Oregon
North by Northwest 2013 Chardonnay, Horse Heaven Hills
Northwest Cellars 2012 Cadenza, Columbia Valley
Northwest Cellars 2012 Merlot, Columbia Valley