- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
Best Buys: 15 Northwest wines for $15 or less
Tax day is not too many weeks off, and if the government leaves more moths than cash in your wallet, you’ll be looking for some bargains to fill your cellar. That should not be too difficult with Northwest wine.
In particular, Washington continues to be able to produce high-quality wines for that magical $15-or-under price point. The reasons are many. In particular, Washington’s Columbia Valley has little trouble producing a ripe wine grape crop each year, and some vineyards are designated “production blocks,” meaning they are farmed at higher tonnage for less-expensive wines.
In addition, more than 95 percent of Washington vineyards are harvested by machines, which greatly reduces the cost of bringing in the grapes – and those savings are passed along to the consumer.
Here are 15 wines priced at $15 or under that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.