- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 1 day ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 3 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 5 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 6 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 3 weeks ago
Northwest wineries fare well at California competition
KING CITY, Calif. – A Southern Oregon winery earned three gold medals including a best of class at the annual Monterey Wine Competition.
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard in Roseburg, Ore., eight medals overall. Leading the way was owner/winemaker Stephen Reustle’s 2013 Timnah Bloc Tempranillo, which earned a best-of-class award. Reustle also won gold medals for his 2013 Masada Bloc Syrah and 2013 Winemaker’s Reserve Syrah.
Malaga Springs Winery near Wenatchee, Wash., also earned a best-of-class award for its Sangiovese.
Also winning gold medals from the Pacific Northwest were Hyatt Vinyards near Zillah, Wash., for its 2012 Merlot and Melrose Vineyards near Roseburg for its 2012 Tempranillo.
Here are the complete Northwest results from the Monterey Wine Competition.
Gold/Best of class
Malaga Springs Winery NV Sangiovese, Washington, $24
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Timnah Bloc Tempranillo, Umpqua Valley, $29
Hyatt Vineyards 2012 Merlot, Rattlesnake Hills, $13
Melrose Vineyards 2012 Tempranillo, Umpqua Valley, $26
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Masada Bloc Syrah, Umpqua Valley, $32
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Winemaker’s Reserve Syrah, Umpqua Valley, $39
Hyatt Vineyards 2011 Roza Ridge Malbec, Rattlesnake Hills, $20
Hyatt Vineyards 2011 Roza Ridge Petit Verdot, Rattlesnake Hills, $20
Malaga Springs Winery 2011 Evolution Malbec, Red Mountain, $22
Melrose Vineyards 2012 Parker’s Pinot Noir, Umpqua Valley, $42
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Hebron Bloc Grenache, Umpqua Valley, $27
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Winemaker’s Reserve Pinot Noir, Umpqua Valley, $39
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Gloria’s Syrah, Umpqua Valley, $42
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Winemaker’s Reserve Tempranillo, Umpqua Valley, $39
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyard 2013 Grüner Veltliner, Umpqua Valley, $24