- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 7 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 1 day ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 3 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
Only the best Northwest wines
Each year, we taste several thousand wines from around the world. We encounter great wines through samples sent to us, as well as wine competitions we participate in up and down the West Coast.
Our preference is to taste all wines we review under blind conditions. For us, this means removing potential biases: We’ve found that knowing the producer or the price can change a person’s perception of a wine before it is ever tasted. Thanks to this method, we have discovered many superb wines from unknown producers while also confirming traditionally delicious wines.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks that earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.