- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 16 mins ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 day ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 3 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 5 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti CellarPosted 2 weeks ago
Only the best Northwest wines
Each year, we taste several thousand wines from around the world. We encounter great wines through samples sent to us, as well as wine competitions we participate in up and down the West Coast.
Our preference is to taste all wines we review under blind conditions. For us, this means removing potential biases: We’ve found that knowing the producer or the price can change a person’s perception of a wine before it is ever tasted. Thanks to this method, we have discovered many superb wines from unknown producers while also confirming traditionally delicious wines.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks that earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.