- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 1 day ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 2 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 5 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 6 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 1 week ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 1 week ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
Only the best Northwest wines
Each year, we taste several thousand wines from around the world. We encounter great wines through samples sent to us, as well as wine competitions we participate in up and down the West Coast.
Our preference is to taste all wines we review under blind conditions. For us, this means removing potential biases: We’ve found that knowing the producer or the price can change a person’s perception of a wine before it is ever tasted. Thanks to this method, we have discovered many superb wines from unknown producers while also confirming traditionally delicious wines.
Here are a dozen wines we’ve tasted in recent weeks that earned our top “Outstanding!” rating. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.