- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 5 hours ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 3 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 5 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
Scenes from Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – The 2015 Auction of Washington Wines is officially under way with Thursday evening’s Picnic and Barrel Auction.
The kickoff to three days of fun and fundraising drew hundreds of Washington wine fans and supporters of Children’s Hospital to the grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington’s oldest and largest winery.
By the end of this weekend, the Auction of Washington Wines will have raised about $3 million for uncompensated care at Children’s Hospital in Seattle and support students at Washington State University’s viticulture and enology program.
Here are a few photos from Thursday evening’s festivities.