- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 4 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 4 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 7 days ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ag Expo seminar features Woodward Canyon’s second generationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Walla Walla wine industry helps raise $26,908 for food bankPosted 3 weeks ago
Scenes from Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – The 2015 Auction of Washington Wines is officially under way with Thursday evening’s Picnic and Barrel Auction.
The kickoff to three days of fun and fundraising drew hundreds of Washington wine fans and supporters of Children’s Hospital to the grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington’s oldest and largest winery.
By the end of this weekend, the Auction of Washington Wines will have raised about $3 million for uncompensated care at Children’s Hospital in Seattle and support students at Washington State University’s viticulture and enology program.
Here are a few photos from Thursday evening’s festivities.