- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 7 hours ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 2 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 4 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti CellarPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alexana, Chehalem glitter at American Fine Wine Invitational judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
Scenes from Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – The 2015 Auction of Washington Wines is officially under way with Thursday evening’s Picnic and Barrel Auction.
The kickoff to three days of fun and fundraising drew hundreds of Washington wine fans and supporters of Children’s Hospital to the grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington’s oldest and largest winery.
By the end of this weekend, the Auction of Washington Wines will have raised about $3 million for uncompensated care at Children’s Hospital in Seattle and support students at Washington State University’s viticulture and enology program.
Here are a few photos from Thursday evening’s festivities.