- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 2 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 3 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 7 days ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 1 week ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
Scenes from Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – The 2015 Auction of Washington Wines is officially under way with Thursday evening’s Picnic and Barrel Auction.
The kickoff to three days of fun and fundraising drew hundreds of Washington wine fans and supporters of Children’s Hospital to the grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington’s oldest and largest winery.
By the end of this weekend, the Auction of Washington Wines will have raised about $3 million for uncompensated care at Children’s Hospital in Seattle and support students at Washington State University’s viticulture and enology program.
Here are a few photos from Thursday evening’s festivities.