- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 6 hours ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 4 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 5 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 7 days ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 2 weeks ago
A dozen delicious Washington Merlots
In the past five years, Washington Merlot has been pushed to the shadows – a little – by the rise of Cabernet Sauvignon. Yet Merlot remains one of the state’s most important varieties.
In many areas of the world, Merlot is a softer version of Cab. But in Washington, Merlot is a big, bold red, providing structure to many wines. It also pairs well with such cuisine as grilled and braised meats, Italian dishes such as lasagna and hearty stews.
It’s time to give Washington Merlot the respect it deserves. Here are a dozen delicious Washington Merlots we’ve tasted recently.