- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 17 hours ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 2 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 5 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling comes in many delicious forms
In the past two decades, the Pacific Northwest has established itself as a world-class center of Riesling, standing on the global wine stage with such luminaries as Germany and Australia. And every three years, the Riesling world comes to Washington.
In July, Riesling Rendezvous returns to the Northwest, taking place in Woodinville and Seattle. Riesling Rendezvous is a gathering of professionals and avid aficionados who spend three days exploring every aspect of this most noble of wine grape varieties.
It starts out with a grand tasting of hundreds of Rieslings from around the world at Chateau Ste. Michelle – the largest producer of Riesling in the world – followed by two days of tastings and seminars at Bell Harbor International Conference Center on the Seattle waterfront.
Riesling Rendezvous occurs every three years. In the other two years, similar events take place in Germany and Australia.
As we think about the approaching Riesling Rendezvous, we happily think about one of our favorite grapes. Here are a dozen delicious examples from Washington, Oregon and Idaho.