- Double Canyon hires Kate Michaud as winemakerPosted 3 hours ago
- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 2 days ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 5 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 7 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 week ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer white
Often overlooked, Sauvignon Blanc from the Pacific Northwest is a perfect summer wine. It’s usually crisp, refreshing and perfect pairing with fresh Northwest cuisine.
Sauvignon Blanc from this corner of the wine world usually is not like what one might find from New Zealand or even California. We often perceive notes of melon, fresh herbs, lime and orchard fruit.
Our favorite pairings with Northwest Sauvignon Blanc include oysters (from raw to barbecued), seared scallops, grilled salmon, prawns, vegetable kebobs, Greek salads, tamales and even nopalitos con huevos.
Here are a half-dozen delicious examples that are ready to be chilled and enjoyed during these warm summer days.