- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 3 mins ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
Riesling a favorite across Pacific Northwest
Thanks to a handful of large producers, Washington state is undoubtedly the king of West Coast Riesling. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the Great Northwest hasn’t gotten into the Riesling act.
In fact, small amounts of the noble white wine are made in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and Idaho’s Snake River Valley.
Today is the start of Riesling Rendezvous, a three-day celebration of the wine that takes place in Washington every three years. More than 70 Riesling producers from around the world will be on hand to pour their favorite examples of Riesling.
Meanwhile, here are a dozen delicious examples of Riesling that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.