- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling a favorite across Pacific Northwest
Thanks to a handful of large producers, Washington state is undoubtedly the king of West Coast Riesling. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the Great Northwest hasn’t gotten into the Riesling act.
In fact, small amounts of the noble white wine are made in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and Idaho’s Snake River Valley.
Today is the start of Riesling Rendezvous, a three-day celebration of the wine that takes place in Washington every three years. More than 70 Riesling producers from around the world will be on hand to pour their favorite examples of Riesling.
Meanwhile, here are a dozen delicious examples of Riesling that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.