- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 10 hours ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 3 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 5 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 6 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
Riesling a favorite across Pacific Northwest
Thanks to a handful of large producers, Washington state is undoubtedly the king of West Coast Riesling. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the Great Northwest hasn’t gotten into the Riesling act.
In fact, small amounts of the noble white wine are made in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and Idaho’s Snake River Valley.
Today is the start of Riesling Rendezvous, a three-day celebration of the wine that takes place in Washington every three years. More than 70 Riesling producers from around the world will be on hand to pour their favorite examples of Riesling.
Meanwhile, here are a dozen delicious examples of Riesling that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.