- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 9 hours ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 1 day ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 5 days ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 1 week ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
Riesling a favorite across Pacific Northwest
Thanks to a handful of large producers, Washington state is undoubtedly the king of West Coast Riesling. But that doesn’t mean the rest of the Great Northwest hasn’t gotten into the Riesling act.
In fact, small amounts of the noble white wine are made in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley and Idaho’s Snake River Valley.
Today is the start of Riesling Rendezvous, a three-day celebration of the wine that takes place in Washington every three years. More than 70 Riesling producers from around the world will be on hand to pour their favorite examples of Riesling.
Meanwhile, here are a dozen delicious examples of Riesling that we’ve tasted in recent weeks.