- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 1 day ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 3 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 5 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 6 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
Affordable red wines from the Great Northwest
Finding a red wine for $15 or less is always so much fun. It’s so much easier to say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine tonight for dinner” when the price is not much more than a couple of lattes.
The Pacific Northwest has long been a haven for affordable red wines, primarily because vineyard land is less expensive, thus keeping the price of the resulting grapes at a level that can make affordable reds.
Here are 15 examples of red wines from Washington and Oregon that retail for $15 or less. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.