- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 14 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 2 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
Affordable red wines from the Great Northwest
Finding a red wine for $15 or less is always so much fun. It’s so much easier to say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine tonight for dinner” when the price is not much more than a couple of lattes.
The Pacific Northwest has long been a haven for affordable red wines, primarily because vineyard land is less expensive, thus keeping the price of the resulting grapes at a level that can make affordable reds.
Here are 15 examples of red wines from Washington and Oregon that retail for $15 or less. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.