- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 3 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Affordable red wines from the Great Northwest
Finding a red wine for $15 or less is always so much fun. It’s so much easier to say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine tonight for dinner” when the price is not much more than a couple of lattes.
The Pacific Northwest has long been a haven for affordable red wines, primarily because vineyard land is less expensive, thus keeping the price of the resulting grapes at a level that can make affordable reds.
Here are 15 examples of red wines from Washington and Oregon that retail for $15 or less. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.