- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 13 hours ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 2 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 4 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 5 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 7 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
Affordable red wines from the Great Northwest
Finding a red wine for $15 or less is always so much fun. It’s so much easier to say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine tonight for dinner” when the price is not much more than a couple of lattes.
The Pacific Northwest has long been a haven for affordable red wines, primarily because vineyard land is less expensive, thus keeping the price of the resulting grapes at a level that can make affordable reds.
Here are 15 examples of red wines from Washington and Oregon that retail for $15 or less. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.