- Auction of Washington Wines climbs to No. 4 in U.S. rankingsPosted 3 days ago
- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 7 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 1 week ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 3 weeks ago
Affordable red wines from the Great Northwest
Finding a red wine for $15 or less is always so much fun. It’s so much easier to say, “Let’s open a bottle of wine tonight for dinner” when the price is not much more than a couple of lattes.
The Pacific Northwest has long been a haven for affordable red wines, primarily because vineyard land is less expensive, thus keeping the price of the resulting grapes at a level that can make affordable reds.
Here are 15 examples of red wines from Washington and Oregon that retail for $15 or less. Ask for them at your favorite wine merchant or contact the wineries directly.