- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 22 hours ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 3 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 5 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
Affordable whites wine abundant across Pacific Northwest
White wines often are seen as less expensive than reds. Why? Well, the grapes are less expensive to buy, the wines often are made in reusable stainless steel instead of expensive oak, and the wines are made more quickly so they can get to market faster.
No matter how you add it up, white wines can be a better bargain.
Here are a dozen delicious examples of white wines from throughout the Pacific Northwest that we’ve tasted recently that retail for $15 or less.
Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.