- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 1 day ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 2 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 7 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
Affordable whites wine abundant across Pacific Northwest
White wines often are seen as less expensive than reds. Why? Well, the grapes are less expensive to buy, the wines often are made in reusable stainless steel instead of expensive oak, and the wines are made more quickly so they can get to market faster.
No matter how you add it up, white wines can be a better bargain.
Here are a dozen delicious examples of white wines from throughout the Pacific Northwest that we’ve tasted recently that retail for $15 or less.
Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.