- Plan for Walla Walla’s Fall Release WeekendPosted 7 hours ago
- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 1 day ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 2 days ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 1 week ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
Affordable whites wine abundant across Pacific Northwest
White wines often are seen as less expensive than reds. Why? Well, the grapes are less expensive to buy, the wines often are made in reusable stainless steel instead of expensive oak, and the wines are made more quickly so they can get to market faster.
No matter how you add it up, white wines can be a better bargain.
Here are a dozen delicious examples of white wines from throughout the Pacific Northwest that we’ve tasted recently that retail for $15 or less.
Ask for them at your favorite wine shop or contact the wineries directly.