- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 8 hours ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 3 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 4 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
Cascadia Wine Competition
The fifth annual Cascadia Wine Competition will be staged March 21-23, 2017, at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, Ore.
For its first three years, the Cascadia Wine Competition was called the Great Northwest Wine Competition. In 2016, we changed the name to differentiate it from our fall Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition.
- See the 2016 competition results
- See the 2015 competition results
- See the 2014 competition results
- See the 2013 competition results
- All wines are tasted blind by category.
- Please submit three bottles of each entry.
Benefits of entering the Cascadia Wine Competition
- Wines are judged by some of the top wine professionals on the West Coast, including writers, retailers and wholesalers.
- Gold medals are announced immediately via email to wineries and on Twitter.
- Results are posted as soon as the competition concludes.
- Results are sent to our newspaper partners for inclusion in print and online.
- Great Northwest Wine’s online audience (25,000 unique visitors per month and more than 2,500 email newsletter subscribers) receives results in a timely manner.
- We link to medal winners’ website at no additional cost (some competitions charge up to $55 for such links).
- Top winners appear in our weekly wine column, which is syndicated in more than 20 Northwest newspapers.
- Select gold medal winners are featured as a “Wine of the Week” in the Tri-City Herald newspaper and on Wine Press Northwest’s website over the course of several weeks after the competition.
- Our growing social media network receives alerts about competition medal winners.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for Wine Press Northwest magazine’s year-end Platinum Judging.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for consideration in The Seattle Times Top 50 Wines of the Year list.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for consideration in Great Northwest Wine’s Top 100 Wines of the Year list.
- The 2017 competition will take place March 21-23 at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, Ore.
- All wines should arrive at the Columbia Gorge Hotel no later than Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- Ken Robertson — columnist, Wine Press Northwest magazine, Kennewick, Wash.
- Kristine Bono, tasting room manager, Goose Ridge Estate Winery, Richland, Wash.
- Amberleigh Brownson, co-owner/sommelier, Eat Restaurant, Bellingham, Wash.
- Daniel Carr, co-owner/executive chef, Visconti’s Restaurants/Cured by Visconti’s, Wenatchee, Wash.
- Big John Caudill, sales manager, Cuvee Northwest, Yakima, Wash.
- Mary Cressler, sommelier/journalist, Vindulge.com, Portland, Ore.
- Jay Drysdale, winemaker, Bella Wines, Naramata, British Columbia.
- Ilene Dudunake, owner, A New Vintage Wine Shop, Meridian, Idaho
- Don Elsing, tasting room manager, Fielding Hills Winery, East Wenatchee, Wash.
- Shelly Fitzgerald, sommelier/wine educator, Columbia Winery, Woodinville, Wash.
- Megan Hughes, enologist, Barnard Griffin, Richland, Wash.
- Ellen Landis, sommelier/journalist, Vancouver, Wash.
- Richard Larsen, research winemaker, Washington State University, Richland, Wash.
- Chris Nishiwaki, journalist, Mercer Island, Wash.
- Leslie Preston, co-owner/winemaker, Coiled Wines, Garden City, Idaho
- April Reddout, wine program manager, Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center, Prosser, Wash.
- Stephen Reustle, winemaker, Reustle Prayer Rock Vineyards, Roseburg, Ore.
- Yashar Shayan, proprietor, ImpulseWine.com, Seattle
- Pat Spangler, owner/winemaker, Spangler Vineyards, Roseburg, Ore.
- Coco Umiker, winemaker, Clearwater Canyon Cellars, Lewiston, Idaho
- Gordy Venneri, co-owner/co-founding winemaker, Walla Walla Vintners, Walla Walla, Wash.
- Randa Wolf, wine director, Columbia Gorge Hotel, Hood River, Ore.
- Jean Yates, president, Oregon Wine Marketing, Monroe, Ore.