- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 14 hours ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 1 day ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 2 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 5 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 7 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 1 week ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 1 week ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 1 week ago
Wine submission guidelines
Great Northwest Wine judges – under blind conditions – new and soon-to-be-released Northwest wines for our website and our syndicated weekly newspaper column.
We have four ratings: Outstanding, Excellent, Recommended and not recommended. Wines we do not recommend receive no mention.
We request two bottles in the instance a wine needs to be re-evaluated. Please include retail price, case production, residual sugar, technical information and vineyard sources.
Wines are evaluated in the order in which they are received. Some wineries send us wine as far out as nine months prior to release. In those cases, they include information on when they want the wines reviewed.
There is no fee to submit wines the Recent Releases section. Inquiries should be sent to [email protected].
Great Northwest Wine
8524 W. Gage Blvd., A-244
Kennewick, WA 99336