- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 14 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 1 day ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 7 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
12th annual Taste of Red at Columbia Winery
November 2, 2013 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm$15
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — On Saturday, Nov. 2, Columbia Winery will play host to its 12th annual Taste of Red — a veritable “greatest hits” of Columbia’s best red wines which also promises dynamic new elements to enliven the winery’s hallmark event.
“This year, we have upgraded the experience with a jam-packed day full of wine tasting, interactive wine education stations, music and gourmet food,” said John Sportelli, senior manager of Columbia Winery.
The wine selection will include 15 unique red wines, as well as barrel samples, crafted by Columbia winemaker Sean Hails.
“Taste of Red is a great way to celebrate the end of harvest. It gives us a chance to share some of our new releases and preview the wines that are still in barrel,” Hails said. “We’ve seen some really concentrated, fruit-driven grapes this year and I think 2013 will be one of Columbia’s best vintages yet.”
The event also will feature entertainment from the Jason Parker Quartet, food from Teddy’s Burgers and John Howie Restaurants Catering, as well as a pop-up boutique of wine and northwest-centric merchandise, including True Fabrications.
To purchase tickets, please visit www.columbiawinery.com.