- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 3 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Chef/author presents with 3 winemakers at Cast Iron Studios
June 9, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$45 - $55
BELLEVUE, Wash. — Jill Silverman Hough, Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author, brings her 100 Perfect Pairings cookbook series to Cast Iron Studios in downtown Bellevue.
In a fun, informal dialog, Chef Hough teaches basic food and wine pairing principles while leading guests through an interactive tasting showing how foods and flavors affect how wine tastes.
Three fun, stress-free recipes selected from 100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley) will be prepared by the Cast Iron Studios kitchen and paired with current releases from Forgeron Cellars, represented by co-owner/ winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla of Walla Walla; Kana Winery, represented by managing partner Katherine Goodson of Yakima; and Chinook Wines, represented by co-founder/winemaker Kay Simon of Prosser.
No matter how much you know — or don’t — about food and wine pairing, this event is sure to be chock full of fresh and immediately useful information. Use these straight-forward, commonsense concepts, also outlined in your take home cookbook, 100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley), for the rest of your wine drinking days.
Included in the ticket price:
$45 without book
$55 with book
• 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates Cookbook, valued at $16.95. It’s a food-and-wine pairing resource organized by grape type: even those with many cookbooks will find these recipes fresh and new.
• Three appetizers from 100 Perfect Pairings
• A trio of 3-ounce wine pours (additional wine available no host)
Includes Gratuity & Tax
Cast Iron Studios (private events)
10650 NE 4th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
Event parking available
Purchase tickets at castiron-studios.com