- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 3 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Albarino Day at Abacela
August 1, 2015 - August 2, 2015
ROSEBURG, Ore. — Abacela will celebrate Albariño as part of the fourth annual International Albarino Day on Aug. 1-2.
On Saturday and Sunday, the Tempranillo Advocates Producers and Amigos Society (TAPAS) will encourage everyone to open a bottle of Albariño, enjoy the fun and share their experiences online with the hashtag #AlbarinoFiesta.
The tasting room on Lookingglass Road will feature special tastings of the Abacela 2014 Albarino, 2013 Albarino Roble and more.
Live music on Saturday will feature Jason Heald from noon to 4 p.m.
The kitchen will feature:
Seafood Paella with salad ($17)
Spanish Cheese Plate ($15)
Spanish Plaza Plate ($22)
Live music on Sunday will feature Live Music with Neil Johnson from noon to 4 p.m.
Use #AlbarinoFiesta to share all your Albarino Day festivities and tasting notes!
International Albariño Day was inspired by the Albariño Wine Festival in the coastal town of Cambados, Spain during the first week of August. Albariño is traditionally grown in Rias Baixas — a wine region in Galicia in northwestern Spain — and produces crisp, acidic white wines ideal for summer evenings and seafood pairings. It is also grown in Portugal, where it is known as Alvarinho. Now it is catching on in North America.