- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 2 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 7 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Albarino Day at Abacela
August 1, 2015 - August 2, 2015
ROSEBURG, Ore. — Abacela will celebrate Albariño as part of the fourth annual International Albarino Day on Aug. 1-2.
On Saturday and Sunday, the Tempranillo Advocates Producers and Amigos Society (TAPAS) will encourage everyone to open a bottle of Albariño, enjoy the fun and share their experiences online with the hashtag #AlbarinoFiesta.
The tasting room on Lookingglass Road will feature special tastings of the Abacela 2014 Albarino, 2013 Albarino Roble and more.
Live music on Saturday will feature Jason Heald from noon to 4 p.m.
The kitchen will feature:
Seafood Paella with salad ($17)
Spanish Cheese Plate ($15)
Spanish Plaza Plate ($22)
Live music on Sunday will feature Live Music with Neil Johnson from noon to 4 p.m.
Use #AlbarinoFiesta to share all your Albarino Day festivities and tasting notes!
International Albariño Day was inspired by the Albariño Wine Festival in the coastal town of Cambados, Spain during the first week of August. Albariño is traditionally grown in Rias Baixas — a wine region in Galicia in northwestern Spain — and produces crisp, acidic white wines ideal for summer evenings and seafood pairings. It is also grown in Portugal, where it is known as Alvarinho. Now it is catching on in North America.