- Red Mountain’s Canvasback part of Duckhorn salePosted 18 hours ago
- Silvara Vineyards’ Malbec best in North Central WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 3 days ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 4 days ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 6 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 7 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 1 week ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 19, 2013Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates — May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beecher’s, Mt. Townsend and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21 the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.