- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 1 day ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 6 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 week ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 19, 2013Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates — May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beecher’s, Mt. Townsend and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21 the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.