- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 1 day ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 2 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 3 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 4 days ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 5 days ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 6 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell stand out at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Powers Winery to hold Renewable Energy Farm WalkPosted 1 week ago
- After 30 vintages, Joe Dobbes still fascinated by Pinot NoirPosted 1 week ago
- Feds establish Lewis-Clark Valley AVA, modify Columbia ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 19, 2013| Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates — May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beecher’s, Mt. Townsend and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21 the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.