- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 3 hours ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 3 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 4 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 6 days ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
- Gold medal winning reds at 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 19, 2013Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates — May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beecher’s, Mt. Townsend and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21 the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.