- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 20 hours ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 2 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 3 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 4 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 6 days ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 7 days ago
- Pinot Gris a food-friendly Northwest favoritePosted 1 week ago
- 20th anniversary of Taste Washington is March 23-26Posted 1 week ago
- Walla Walla couple flying high with new Aluvé WineryPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 26, 2013Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates — May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beecher’s, Mt. Townsend and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld. The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages.
Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21, the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.