- Chas Nagel, Washington wine pioneer researcher, goes into hall of famePosted 12 hours ago
- 14 Hands releases ultrapremium red blendPosted 2 days ago
- Martin uses award-winning Tempranillo to grow Red Lily VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wineries ask Legislature for more tasting roomsPosted 4 days ago
- Heat takes toll on Washington’s 2015 wine harvestPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Somm: Into the Bottle’ takes loving look at winePosted 6 days ago
- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 7 days ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 7 days ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 1 week ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 5, 2013| Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all four dates May 5, 12, 19, and 26. All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit.
Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beechers, Mt. Townsend, and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21, the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.