- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 20 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 2 days ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 7 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Auction of Washington Wines Picnic and Barrel Auction
August 18 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$125
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — More than 100 winemakers in attendance make the annual Picnic and Barrel Auction at Chateau Ste. Michelle the most anticipated wine event of the summer in Washington state, and the picnic marks the beginning of the Auction of Washington Wines weekend.
Fun, games and music greet you around every corner as the 2016 edition features rising country music trio The Cains.
Delicious bites created by the team of chefs from Tulalip Resort Casino in Marysville provide the perfect summer fare while you mingle and rub shoulders with Washington winemakers as they roam and pour tastings of their latest releases.
Craving more than just a taste? Then hop into the popular Barrel Auction, where you can experience barrel samples of yet-to-be-bottled wines. When you find one you like, place your bid on a case. Top five highest bids for each winery will be the winners and be the first to collect on this wine once it’s released.
Tickets are $125 per person; $150 for early access to the Barrel Auction. Picnic blankets are $1,250 and include eight tickets with a reserved table and seating area in a prime location.
Auction of Washington Wines is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Washington wine while producing and hosting one of the most celebrated wine auctions in the country.
In the spirit of charity, the Auction of Washington Wines is pleased to provide financial support for Uncompensated Care at Seattle Children’s Hospital and to invest in viticulture and enology research and education in Washington state to help establish Washington as a world-class wine producing region.
The Auction of Washington Wines has raised more than $30 million since its inception in 1988.
Barrel auction participants
Ambassador Wines of Washington
Chateau Ste. Michelle
Kevin White Winery
Pearl & Stone Wine Co.
Walla Walla Vintners