- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 2 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 5 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 6 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Badger Mountain Vineyard offers Renewable Energy Farm Walk
April 25 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
KENNEWICK, Wash. – Learn about the solar energy installation that provides power to the Badger Mountain Vineyard in Washington’s Columbia Valley through its Renewable Energy Farm Walk on Monday, April 25.
In 1988, Badger Mountain Vineyard converted to 100 percent organic viticulture, and in 1990 became the first Certified Organic winegrape vineyard in Washington state. Badger Mountain uses only organically approved and naturally occurring substances for all vineyard applications, meaning no chemical insecticides, herbicides, fungicides or synthetic fertilizers.
Join us to learn how Badger Mountain extends its commitment to sustainability through the use of solar energy with presentations and a tour of the solar energy system.
Presentations and tour will include:
• Badger Mountain Vineyard
• Sonia Hall, Washington State University’s Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources
• Monica Cisneros, Umpqua Bank
• Jonathan Lewis, Hire Electric
• Roni Baer, USDA
• Mia Devine, Project Manager, Northwest SEED
Free to attend and lunch is provided. Pre-registration is required to receive a lunch.
Register online or by telephone at (206) 632-7506.