- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 1 day ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 6 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 week ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
BC Pinot Noir Celebration
August 22, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm$175
KALEDEN, British Columbia — The third annual British Columbia Pinot Noir Celebration will showcase 29 wineries from across the province on Saturday, Aug. 22 at Linden Gardens in Kaleden.
Tickets are $175. This event began in 2013 with winemakers at Meyer Family Vineyards, Tantalus Vineyards and Howling Bluff Estate Winery, and it pays homage to how BC Pinot Noir wines are shaped by their environment and winemakers.
The B.C. Chapter of the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers chose 26 wineries to join the founders this year, including Summerhill Pyramid Winery and SpierHead Winery of Kelowna, Haywire from Summerland and Vancouver Island’s Blue Grouse Estate Winery.
The BC Pinot Noir Celebration begins with a sparkling wine reception where guests will mingle with Steven Spurrier, renowned journalist from Decanter Magazine. Spurrier is the keynote speaker for this year’s celebration and attendees look forward to his perspective on BC wine.
Following the reception, winemakers will stage breakout and blending sessions followed by a garden tasting salon with all participating wineries. The evening will round out with a family style dinner with a menu prepared by Artisan Culinary Concepts to complement the Pinot Noir wines.