- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 3 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 4 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
BC Pinot Noir Celebration
August 22, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm$175
KALEDEN, British Columbia — The third annual British Columbia Pinot Noir Celebration will showcase 29 wineries from across the province on Saturday, Aug. 22 at Linden Gardens in Kaleden.
Tickets are $175. This event began in 2013 with winemakers at Meyer Family Vineyards, Tantalus Vineyards and Howling Bluff Estate Winery, and it pays homage to how BC Pinot Noir wines are shaped by their environment and winemakers.
The B.C. Chapter of the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers chose 26 wineries to join the founders this year, including Summerhill Pyramid Winery and SpierHead Winery of Kelowna, Haywire from Summerland and Vancouver Island’s Blue Grouse Estate Winery.
The BC Pinot Noir Celebration begins with a sparkling wine reception where guests will mingle with Steven Spurrier, renowned journalist from Decanter Magazine. Spurrier is the keynote speaker for this year’s celebration and attendees look forward to his perspective on BC wine.
Following the reception, winemakers will stage breakout and blending sessions followed by a garden tasting salon with all participating wineries. The evening will round out with a family style dinner with a menu prepared by Artisan Culinary Concepts to complement the Pinot Noir wines.