- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 19 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 2 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
BC Pinot Noir Celebration
August 22, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm$175
KALEDEN, British Columbia — The third annual British Columbia Pinot Noir Celebration will showcase 29 wineries from across the province on Saturday, Aug. 22 at Linden Gardens in Kaleden.
Tickets are $175. This event began in 2013 with winemakers at Meyer Family Vineyards, Tantalus Vineyards and Howling Bluff Estate Winery, and it pays homage to how BC Pinot Noir wines are shaped by their environment and winemakers.
The B.C. Chapter of the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers chose 26 wineries to join the founders this year, including Summerhill Pyramid Winery and SpierHead Winery of Kelowna, Haywire from Summerland and Vancouver Island’s Blue Grouse Estate Winery.
The BC Pinot Noir Celebration begins with a sparkling wine reception where guests will mingle with Steven Spurrier, renowned journalist from Decanter Magazine. Spurrier is the keynote speaker for this year’s celebration and attendees look forward to his perspective on BC wine.
Following the reception, winemakers will stage breakout and blending sessions followed by a garden tasting salon with all participating wineries. The evening will round out with a family style dinner with a menu prepared by Artisan Culinary Concepts to complement the Pinot Noir wines.