- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 22 hours ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 2 days ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 3 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 5 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 6 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Bike Oregon Wine Country
August 9, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$29 - $79
Every Sunday in August, Bike Oregon Wine Country cycle tours explore the scenic back roads of wine country near Salem, departing from and ending at Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall, Ore.
Cyclists visit up to seven wineries — and sometimes a brewery. Some routes include stopping by a covered bridge and a ferry ride across the Willamette River. Rides vary in length, from 35-70 miles, depending on the route. Riders of all abilities are welcome, and a support vehicle is available to carry wines purchased en route or offer a lift to riders when needed.
All rides conclude with a gourmet barbecue and wine tasting back at the winery. All-inclusive, $79; barbecue only, $29.
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is one of the largest producers in Oregon. General manager/founder Tom Huggins established his vineyard and began producing wine in 1986. The winery emerged a year later 10 miles west of Salem. It features a friendly tasting room and award-winning red and white wines including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, Pinot Gris and more.
The list of Eola Hills events includes Sunday brunch, Valentine’s dinner, Easter brunch, Mother’s Day brunch, Mariners baseball road trips, Father’s Day brunch, Memorial Day Open House, Bike Oregon Wine Country, Oregon State vs. University of Oregon Civil War Brunch, Enchanted Christmas concerts and more.